Which metal detector should i buy ?

Micheal Page

Greenie
Jul 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey.
I am going to buy a metal detector, and I want it to go as deep as possible. It is going to be used in a dry, mountanious area. It looks a bit like Cappadocia,
It has to be an all around detector, but primarly for Gold, treasures and coins (in tunnels and caves for example).
Which detector Do you guys advice me to buy? And what do you guys think of Makro Deephunter or Jeohunter?
Thanks...

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want deep, there are plenty to choose from. It's just a question of how much discrimination you need. If you're not going to be dealing with a lot of trash maybe a Pulse Induction machine would be the best choice. If you're looking at a Jeo you're probably willing to spend at least a couple grand so maybe something along the lines of a TDI SL Pro or Garrett ATX.

If you're going to be dealing with a moderate amount of trash your best bet would probably be an Equinox 800. I can't speak on the effectiveness of the Jeohunter imaging system. I've never used one and there doesn't appear to be a lot of user video on them. I would note that the lack of videos and rave reviews could be evidence that they aren't very efficient. Still, I'm as curious as you are about it and about the new Invenio Pro.

The kind of depth we are talking about with systems like that and like the Fisher Gemini, Whites TM-808, unless you have the proper machines to dig those depths you'll quickly tire of it. If I find a particularly promising deep target I can call my boss and he'd bring his back hoe. Of course I'm in upstate NY where the soil is extremely rocky so hand digging past a couple feet is not practical at all.

If you do get a Jeohunter please let us know what you think of it. Many are raving about the depth of the new Anfibio by Makro as well. Start where you can, and keep investing in all the tools of the trade. Every year I make new investments in the hobby whether it be a machine, scuba equipment, endoscopes, prospecting tools etc. Every year I grow and expand my reach into new areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions