Who ever is hunting Elkharts McNaughton Park, Knock it off....

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who ever is hunting Elkhart's McNaughton Park, Knock it off....

:angry4: One bad apple will spoil the bunch :angry4:
I got out to McNaughton Park Wednesday Nov. 17th for a couple of hours down towards the river and seen some of your holes that you dug.

Let me be the first to tell you that they looked like crap and I did tamp them down for you to help them look less obvious to other people using the park.

There was one spot that I could not do anything with, as there was no soil around to fill the HOLE back in. Hope somebody doesn't step in it and break a leg or an ankle. If that happens, you could just be the one who would get detecting banned in the parks.

If you are going to retrieve a target, pinpoint and cut a plug around your intended target. Then pull the plug out of the ground and set it next to the hole, don't just start shoveling dirt to the side. If you don't understand how to dig a plug, contact any number of us on the Indiana Forum and we will be more than happy to help you learn the proper way of removing a target from the ground.

I certainly hope that these plugs were not caused by someone I know. I'm sure it wasn't 2 of my hunting buddies, as I have seen them retrieve targets and they have never left anything like this.

Also, Studebaker Park was the same way a couple of weeks ago, yet those were in the soccer field. Leave a hole uncovered or half a$$ed covered and someones gonna get hurt.

I also posted this in the Indiana General Discussion Forum as well.

DJH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who ever is hunting Elkhart's McNaughton Park, Knock it off....

Its a good ideal to carry a hand towel after you pull the plug out all dirt should go on the towel in makes it easier to find the target and when done all you need to do is fold the towel in half to pour the dirt back in the hole. This way it doesn't leave dirt around the hole as its impossible to get all the dirt back in the hole if you just pile it on the grass, this way makes it alot harder to tell someone even dug a hole. HH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who ever is hunting Elkhart's McNaughton Park, Knock it off....

wingmaster said:
Its a good ideal to carry a hand towel after you pull the plug out all dirt should go on the towel in makes it easier to find the target and when done all you need to do is fold the towel in half to pour the dirt back in the hole. This way it doesn't leave dirt around the hole as its impossible to get all the dirt back in the hole if you just pile it on the grass, this way makes it alot harder to tell someone even dug a hole. HH

Thanks for adding that bit of information.

I also carry a drop cloth and forgot to add that to my how to. I even had a replacement just in case I loose the one I have. :icon_thumright:

DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions