Who has a G2???

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does any gold nugget detector do in iron trash? It's horrible. But it has good depth on coins and gold nuggets and is a stable machine.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry....if its horrible in iron, why does Teknetics claim it to be one of the best iron hunters they make?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because it is an iron magnet.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry , that doesnt make any sense.....they now have the NEW G2+ or "ltd" out and it is even more aimed toward relic hunters. I have read some reports of this machine picking through iron trash better than the T2 or Garrett machines.....if this is so i would like to own one. But if you are right, i have no use for this machine.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The G2+ is an F-19 with a T2 style shaft. One of the best at pulling non-ferrous out of iron there is. It is simply a 2 time setup with an adjustable V-break. Iron range is 40 and below. Set v-break at 39 and everything above 40 is a VCO high tone and everything below is an iron grunt. The bad part is you don't know if it is a low or high conductor without looking at screen, so not really meant for coinshooting but does very well at separation in trash.

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta throw my 2 cents in on this one. Over the years I have owned quiet a few detectors (many I didn't list). I think it was among the best in the iron I have used. Even when it did try to give a false on the iron, you can back it off and slowly approach with the front or back. The iron always tells on itself. Did I dig iron with It?...... of coarse. But the more I hunted the more I learned the difference. I traded it for a T2 SE which I adore, but miss the G2 and will not pass a deal up if I get a shot at another. The G2 was better in the iron. I loved the machine. I traded it to gain depth, as well as due to the frustration of not digging coins from an old ghost town I have been hunting, and just wanted a new toy. Still no coins from the period. ha ha

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the Gold Bug Pro users head straight for the hot rocks (iron as well as magnetite) in the nugget patches here in the SoCal desert. They know thats where the nuggets hide & they know the GB Pro excels (for a VLF) at finding gold in these areas that are loaded with hot rocks. I would expect no less from the G2.

Jeffsh

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Sacramento, califor
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, XLt, Mxt, GM3 garrett Ace 250 and 350, Fisher F2,f5, Gold bug 2, Minela Sovereign, exploxer ii, Excalibur experience. I use the Fisher F5 and F2.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a G2 and enjoy it. I have no problems finds coins and jewelry mixed in with junks, or mineralization. I m using rather stock 11" stock coil , but I have still need to try the new coil on it, which I use on my fisher f5. Great coil, gets down deep and works great in trash.

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just traded a forum member for a G2+ Ltd. I've yet to take it out but will be comparing it to the T2 SE I just had.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP - if you are comparing a G2 against a Racer or FORS CoRe then this clip might be of interest -

hope it helps ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread