tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday morning about 6:30 am, I went on a bike ride along this river in Wyoming. Out of the 76 rivers that have there source in Wyoming this is the only river that doesn't drain in to the Gulf of Mexico, The Pacific Ocean or The Sea of Cortez, which is a rare thing these days for the fresh water of the Colorado to touch the tides of the Sea of Cortez. A Sacred Reunion: The Colorado River Returns to the Sea ? National Geographic Society (blogs) Can anyone name the river I'm exploring?

Attachments

• bike ride wyo 081316 1.jpg
    bike ride wyo 081316 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • bike ride wyo 081316 2.jpg
    bike ride wyo 081316 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • bike ride wyo 081316 3.jpg
    bike ride wyo 081316 3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots as usual!

I'll take a guess and say the Yellowstone River.
Sorry Ron that is also Not the Correct answer. Again the water of this river does not reach any sea or ocean from the North American Continent by any other river such as the Colorado, Columbia or Missouri rivers.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I would have guessed Bear River, but the headwaters are in Utah. I will have to give this some thought.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have guessed Bear River, but the headwaters are in Utah. I will have to give this some thought.
Your right galenrog. It is the Bear river that dumps in to The Great Salt Lake. I was wrong stating the rivers with the words Wyoming "source". :dontknow: The source of the Bear is out the Uinta mountains of Utah, but your correct on the name of the river. I wonder why wikapedia list it as a Wyo river, but they do have Utah listed at the side??. I guess I learned something myself. I stayed in Evanston at the Econo Lodge. I like the rate and the entrance to the Bear river park is right across the street. I went to see if I could find any Moose and was told they were around in a meadow down the trail, but I got to that meadow and no moose, just deer. It was kind of cold there yesterday morning and my fingers did begin to feel it riding that bike, but I did have a heavy sweat shirt on so it wasn't to chilly. It's a nice little park they have there in Evanston, Wyoming I saw Sand Hill Cranes, a King Fisher and some of the biggest Pigeons you'll ever see around or so they seemed extra large to me.

Great Salt Lake watershed
Bear River (Utah)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_of_Wyoming

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what it calls itself, but I was gonna name it Bob. They named a bridge Bob over in Avon some time back.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad the river guessing contest is over cause I didn't have a clue! Now I can comment on that handsome fawn. Looks very healthy:occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there no Jeff-Gordon river yet?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there no Jeff-Gordon river yet?
Just pee down a little slope and you can name that little river any name you want. I've named many a little river that way. Mostly they start with the name of "The Yellow River of the ??" Dang if I've never marked most of them on the map, but one place I can recall as it's one place I always seem to have a need to make a little river is called " Officers Gulch" in Colorado. If you ever stop by there, just look for the little canyon created by my little rivers that have flowed off and on over a period of 20 plus years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread