Whole Foods--stuff for the taking out in the open?

misunl

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and I went to Whole Foods and parked in the underground garage, kind of at the edge of the parking lot next to the exit. We noticed that right next to our car was a huge pile of stacked boxes--sparkling water, different drink mixes, flour, sugar, and canned goods. We noticed there wasn't much of each item and they'd all been sort of stacked together. There were 3-4 piles and one was still on a mini forklift (all of it fit into an area about the size of a parking space). It looked like a few boxes had been open, but most of it was still in sealed boxes. A few items were expired but others, like coconut oil, were still in plastic crates/tubs and weren't past their dates.

We're trying to figure out if this stockpile is intended for the trash. We don't think WF would store their inventory right out in the open, much less in a parking garage. But it's not in a dumpster somewhere either. Clearly it's intended for transit somewhere, but we're not sure where.

Does anyone have any ideas about whether these items would be free for the taking? We don't want to steal but if it's intended for the dumpster we are more than happy to take it off their hands.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like an employee is not doing their job. Ask the store manager if the items are for the taking. If not, I am sure that the employee who left these items in the open will be fire. Is there a member seeking a good paying Job? If yes, contact the store manager.

:occasion14:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
might be for donation to a homeless pantry * or other such group -- if donated it can be wrote off on taxes...might have been awaiting "pick up"..

OP
OP
M

misunl

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I'd heard that WF makes it pretty hard for dumpster divers so I assumed that the answer I'd get no matter what was, "No, it's not for taking," even if it really was trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread