Why not combine a fluid bed with a blue bowl?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I think of a fluid bed I want to set it into rotational motion. The material sure has to be moving if it's in a votex. You give it a low pressure zone and it wants to go there. You set it up with a current brake at the base of a cone. Spin it in a circle and concentrate the heavies to the center while the lighter material flows up and out.

Why don't it work?

What ever happened to Vortex Rex btw? Did he complete his work?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your talking apples and oranges as a FLUIDBED is just that and a bowl operates on inertia vs gravity vs the modified cone. Any interruption in any degree ruins the righteous engineering that went into the unit. Finish projects going first then in the winter ponder and play but finish what ya got going as summer flys by and leaves ya wondering now how'd that happen...John

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave Franks (Vortxrex)is alive and well on the west coast (Washington if Im not mistaken) what work are you referring to ?

Well as I recall Vortxrex was trying to harness or incorperate vortex energy into a much more efficient lift system. Now that part, I know, some people are using vortex lift tubes. I know he put years of R&D into that. Now, if a man fully researches and understands a vortex, to fully understand the principle of the vortex, he is going to go way beyond designing a suction dredge system. I would 'assume' (forgive me) that he would have delved into the world of vortex mathmatics. That leads us into a spiral all the way down to the sub atomic spin of the vacume. If a man understands vortex/fractal mechanics then he has mastered all that which functions upon said principle.
I hope folks can follow that part.
If your not aware the vortex is an absolute fundamental force of all matter and reality (spin). So I would 'assume' Once a man could grasp such things and calculate the curves of the vortex in his head. Then, understanding vortex fluid aggregate seperation would simply be second nature to him.

So in my mind, the way I understood it vortexrex spent a fair part of his life meditating on that principle and he would be the man to talk to, to get that system up and running if he doesn't already have one running in his basement. You know, 'assuming' (once again) he was willing to share his understanding of the principle.

That's the thought pattern that lead me to ask.

Believe me, I know all about assumptions :laughing7: but it's a risk vs. reward system

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your talking apples and oranges as a FLUIDBED is just that and a bowl operates on inertia vs gravity vs the modified cone. Any interruption in any degree ruins the righteous engineering that went into the unit. Finish projects going first then in the winter ponder and play but finish what ya got going as summer flys by and leaves ya wondering now how'd that happen...John

Well, the way I'm looking at it the fluid bed just allows the gold to sink, and the other stuff, not so much because, specific gravity. Now the centrifugal forces they are also playing on gravity. Using rotational inertia to enhance and or nullify the effects of gravity. So now if we can make our heavies heavier and our lights lighter and we can keep them in suspension then they are just gonna seperate right out. All gold really wants to do is get down in a crack somewhere and take a nap where nobody is gonna disturb it. So why not just make it a happy little place where it can get out of the current and rest? Counter eddies have the ability to stop a vortex and all fluid motion dead in it's tracks. These are perfect places for the gold to find it's place of rest.

I mean, so that's what I'm looking at.

OK the part I ain't said on here, be we been talking about. Man, people been getting the gold in the same dang way since the times of the Romans. It's outdated cave man technology. We have now in this world access to the greatest repository of knowledge since..... pre history. It is high time to build a better mouse trap! er , uh gold Trap.

Check this out

Them little balls represent the gold. Them sign waves on the scope represent vortices. The air in which the balls are suspended is the fluid.
and because we are highly skilled rock smashers we can probably do it in a bucket for under $100

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The weather has broke and things are starting to dry out. I look at the snow capped peaks in the distance every time I drive east. As soon as that snow melts I'll be there on those very slopes digging my holes and sluicing in the valley below. I thinks it's kind of funny, Ive heard people comment on them pretty snow covered peaks many times in my life, but when I look at them I see the gold beneath the snow. But your right, I need to focus more on getting all my ducks in a row. All the contemplation in the world doesn't do much good without action.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread