Wild and Scenic South Yuba regs

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard many different things regarding prospecting regs in this area. I found that in the South Yuba Rec Area it is definitely hands and pans only. However I am not sure exactly what area this entails? I know that whole section of the river is called the Wild and Scenic South Yuba River, but I think that is different than the South Yuba Rec Area. Am I right or wrong? Can anyone clarify the where exactly it is hands and pans only on the South Yuba, from Lake Spaulding all the way to Yuba County?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't work for NID, I work further down the hill.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
South Yuba Prospectors Club. T shirts to follow.

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
South Yuba Prospectors Club. T shirts to follow.
you mean you're going to look (prospect) while I find (mine)?

pickens be getting slim, and I don't mean the Late Great deceased Slim Pickens, star of the silver screen and greatest actor who ever lived.
seriously...getting hard to find much worth putting your back into anymore...me, Tom, Aaron, Mike, Mike, Matt and a smaller host of others been busy cleaning the banks...I'm going to need to get into the river next season or go to one remote spot I am dreading the hike into.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am with you on the mine/prospect aspect. After my first year i went to being a miner instead of a prospector as prospecting (looking) didnt pay as well. As for the S.F.Y.P.C. I thought that group photo was the club signup meeting. Hope the flush has moved some color up there.

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sure hope..thinking about going back to primitive camp, over a period of time I've pulled over a troy pound from that section of river. but I noticed that any area I moved hadn't been worked for a long time.
primitive camp used to be a club claim, there was the remains of their sign and an outhouse that had collapsed on itself.
I worked from the turn to about a 1/4 mile downstream with consistent good color, averaging just over a .dwt/day, some place I was pulling 2-3 .dwt in a 5-6 hour day.
worked it to the clay layer and stopped, some clear down to bedrock.
there is one spot you need to climb into that has a couple of small bars but mostly steep sided canyon that I haven't gotten to. hell to get to, climbing down a dry creek through tick infested brush.
a friend worked there, but he was a day-tripper from Roseville, he couldn't have gotten it all.

and BTW...the group photo was my fan club. my fantasy fan club that is....but not the guys in the pic tho..no.

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet every single one of them is a gold digger too! They can dig the gold, and you'll run it through the sluce!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread