Winter storms

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope you all don't think that I have quit diving due to the lack of posts I'v put up this winter but anyone who lives on the east coast knows just what we have been going through. None of the Zodiac Divers Group have been in the water since our New Years Day dive due to the weather. On a very positive note though, these storms that we have been hit with week after week are moving things around underwater and exposing wreckage that has been hidden for centuries. So, I hope everyone has a fantastic threasure hunting year this year, I know I will.
Here are a few pix from some previous dives from years gone by for your veiwing pleasure.

yes we still dive like this..... sometimes
DSC01222.JPG

Nice navy plate and other goodies.
20121202_123034.jpg

18th C. Westerwald Pottery
20130113_123749.jpg

Gold & Silver
20130915_151000.jpg

A good haul
DSC02686.JPG

White Star Liner water jug, (look close and see the WSL flag.)
WSL Jug3.jpg

say hello to my little freind
IMG00103.jpg

More silver and gold plus a very special find in that mix. (can you pick it out?)
p_00014.jpg

Let the fun never end.
!cid_7328020424974DB2ABE565DF90F49479@gail0653fe8f3e.jpg

Happy hunting everyone, I hope to have some good pix new pix up soon.
ZDD

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT finds
unfortunately i don't dive
just not for me
is that a gold chain in the muck?
and a naval button?
i vote banner on the last photo, LOL
HH

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT finds
unfortunately i don't dive
just not for me
is that a gold chain in the muck?
and a naval button?
i vote banner on the last photo, LOL
HH
No, that's a silver chain but that's a gold coin below it and a gold cover from a watch.
ZDD

Edit: The button is from the White Star Line.
ZDD

Last edited:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE ZDD !!!!!!!

Damn .... wish I could dive...but guess I should learn to swim first !!!

Some awesome finds right there...must be a lot of fun. Have always thought i,d love to do that.

The gold coins... are they always encrusted like that ?

What do they lookn like afeter you clean them up ?

Is it just saltwater that encrusts them that way or does fresh water do it also ?

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE ZDD !!!!!!!

Damn .... wish I could dive...but guess I should learn to swim first !!!

Some awesome finds right there...must be a lot of fun. Have always thought i,d love to do that.

The gold coins... are they always encrusted like that ?

What do they lookn like afeter you clean them up ?

Is it just saltwater that encrusts them that way or does fresh water do it also ?
Hey Buddy, nice to see you visitng this forum. The weather is a little nasty today for beach hunting isn't it.
The gold coins that we get on this site are found in a black carbon concreation but clean up nicely.
DSCF1976.JPG

Freash water coins don't usually have the concreation issues that salt water coins (and artifacts) do.

The tides are looking good for a beach hunt next weekend so if I can muster the up time I will pick up Rick and head up your way.

ZDD

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Always wanted to dive on a wreck.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buddy, nice to see you visitng this forum. The weather is a little nasty today for beach hunting isn't it.
The gold coins that we get on this site are found in a black carbon concreation but clean up nicely.
View attachment 946080

Freash water coins don't usually have the concreation issues that salt water coins (and artifacts) do.

The tides are looking good for a beach hunt next weekend so if I can muster the up time I will pick up Rick and head up your way.

ZDD

Yes..the weather is horrible..no doubt about it. Looks like the temps are gonna rise after monday...so will be back at it again.

That coin cleaned up awesome...very nice !!!! Must be a nice value $ on that piece.

The tides will be mid day next weekend..so would work out good for you guys travelling...wouldn,t have to get up too early. Good timing...hopefully the weather is nice to us. !!!

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Always wanted to dive on a wreck.
You are in a great area for wrecks, New England states have a ton of historic wrecks all up and down the coast.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes..the weather is horrible..no doubt about it. Looks like the temps are gonna rise after monday...so will be back at it again.

That coin cleaned up awesome...very nice !!!! Must be a nice value $ on that piece.

The tides will be mid day next weekend..so would work out good for you guys travelling...wouldn,t have to get up too early. Good timing...hopefully the weather is nice to us. !!!
Yup it's looking good.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread