Work truck mount

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So.. I work a route along the beaches and would love to figure out a way to mount my detector and possibly my scoop in the back window of my Nissan access cab work truck (not actually mine, belongs to my employer) the problem is my truck is filled with things needed for my job and when I do bring my MD gear along, its definitely not safe from damage crammed in there. I probably can mount something as long as it doesn't do damage and/or becomes part of the truck within reason. I searched the forum without many posts as I'm sure most everyone just uses the back seats etc. thanks for any ideas.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put your job related items on the roof and your detector items inside for protection ! I agree with xr7ator, try a rear window gun rack.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...I’ve done it...works great. Just pad the important parts so it doesn’t bang the window.

Attachments

• 6A967527-6D3D-420D-A38A-0AF12CEDD22E.jpeg
    6A967527-6D3D-420D-A38A-0AF12CEDD22E.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 116

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As xr7ator mentioned, they also make a seat gun rack that hangs over the seat. This option works best if you got a "Bench Seat" good luck.

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
was looking at those too lol

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mid that if it is in view, you are advertising it to those who would steal it in a N.Y. minute.

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just keep in mid that if it is in view, you are advertising it to those who would steal it in a N.Y. minute.

Ain't that the truth!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly, yes. I don't even put decals on my SUV that might show my hobbies or interests. Cargo covers and tinting.

When I was in college someone smashed my $120 station-wagon side window to steal my $25 Mitchell 300 reel & Shakesphere "cheap barrel" fiberglass rod. My base-minimum insurance didn't cover glass. I'd only paid $200 for the car and, luckily, found a U-pull-it replacement and a car-savvy body-shop friend helped me install it.

Learned more at the school of hard nocks than I did in college.

You also don't want the electronics where the sun can hit it all day. Not in NY and especially not in Florida. Gets gawd-awful hot in a car in the sun. Keep it low & in the shade.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread