Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was a street racer ... this looks like my boat tailed Riviera (except I had no vinyl top)

pauls71rivierarearleft1.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My Duster was a rat lol.Looked like hell on the outside until you either opened the engine hood or got inside.:laughing9:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Friend of mine had a 1974 (?) "Gold Duster" with the 340 and the special stripe package.

I don't think he ever drove it over 55 mph. Last time I saw in in the late 1990's the car still looked like the day he drove it home.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are REALLY bringing back memories. Red I had Dart also with a 340 and they were quick. 1st and 2nd gear really pulled hard. But my real baby was my custom build V-8 Vega. Started off with a 283 and ended up with strong built 406 small block with a really built 400 turbo-short tail with a narrowed 9-inch ford rear end. Car was all tubed out with M-50's tucked up inside the car. Push button 1 pc. fiberglass tilt front end. And the car was completely street legal. Car was white liqueur with a red flip-flop overcoat. 1st wife gave me an easy choice one day when I got home. She said it's me or the car which is it? Easy.... I took the kids and the car. And I kept the car for another 6 years. Had a scrap book with pics of the car and one day it just "came up missing" after I sold the car to get a house.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend of mine had a 1974 (?) "Gold Duster" with the 340 and the special stripe package.

Mine was i think a 72 Gold duster:laughing9:since it looked like hell i scraped the G off of Gold,then i had an Old Duster:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread