Worth keeping

Kyle5428

Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into coin roll hunting after finding a civil war token in a penny roll while working once. So started researching the hobby a little and enjoy looking every once and a while however I am not a big coin collector, nor do I stack silver. I am starting to look for some info on bills. I found 4 1990 50 star notes in great condition that were numerically in order. I pulled those and did some research and now put them on ebay to see if I can make a little extra money for searching. (cool find however I cant keep $200 laying around)

So this leads me to my question. I read about repeaters and I almost found an awesome repeater (to my knowledge). I don't have the bills in front of me however they go 08080806 08080807 08080809 08080810. They are all 1993 series 50's in great condition. The 08080808 bill is missing which is what I was ideally looking for. Is there any value in the bills I do have?

Please keep in mind that I do know you have to look up and see how rare they are and I would need the bill in fron tof me to get more of that info. I am just looking based on the repeating in the serial number. Thank you.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they are star notes then yes they are worth more than face value!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kyle:
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
You wrote of 1990 AND 1993 bills. Do you have four of each?
Assuming you have 4-1990 Star bills (but you didn't mention the issuing bank) they were issued at NYC, Philly, and Kansas City; the later being the rarer (640k issued and retailing for $150 in UNC-63 condition--the others at $125).
If your star notes were in the Series of 1993, then they were printed in either NYC, Cleveland or Chicago; Cleveland being the most valuable at $125 in UNC-63 (retail value).
The four bills you specified are (IMO) 'partial' repeaters (the missing bill is, of course, the most valuable). Check on Ebay for Repeaters in the "Completed Transactions" section for recent sales prices.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread