WOW Another Amazing Bucket List Find "Peace"

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the property where I pulled that 2 cent coin yesterday. After about an hour of swinging and digging many more pennies I talked to Tim and said I'll be back another time, I need to let the sod heal. I also believe someone may have hit this site before and then seeded the yard with about 4 rolls of pennies, Tim laughed :laughing7: and I departed.

I tried to cold knock on 2 more properties that I researched last night. When I knocked on both I did not get an answer. :BangHead: So off I went to do some land that the church owns. I am certain this area has been pounded over the decades since one of the first town schools was on this block. I saw two out-of-town MDers hit this place about 2 months ago. One was swinging his new CTX3030 and his buddy was swinging an Explorer. I sure did dig a lot of trash and finally dug a coin back in the field. :thumbsup: It was a 1961 memorial penny. Since I pulled a coin after about an hour of swinging I began to meander towards the van, thinking of where I would go next. I began to detect around an old pine tree. All of a sudden I got a screamer. :headbang: I dug down about 7 inches and pulled another bucket list coin. The 1923 Peace Dollar must have been in a fire. On the reverse you will see some bumps. Pulling that coin made my heart race and I needed to get home to get a date off of it. I drove back to Tim's to show him and was hoping it would have turned out to be a 1921P or 1928P. Hell he was just as stoked as I was. Oh well you can't win them all. :dontknow:

When I left the house this morning I was hoping to pull another silver, maybe I would pull a SLQ or perhaps a Walker (both on my bucket list). I sure am happy with the Peace Dollar. She is still beautiful to me even with the fire damage. It's my first silver dollar.

1923 Peace Dollar Before Pics

20151213_135103.jpg 20151213_135038.jpg

1923 Peace Dollar After Pics

20151213_155203.jpg 20151213_155148.jpg

All Today's Finds

20151213_140835.jpg

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

The 2015 season has been awesome!!!! :hello2:

Upvote 59

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm traveling, so late to the party. Man, of all the people on here i'd want to see pull a freakin silver dollar!, you were tops. You did it! Well earned! And cool to see all the support you've given everybody else, rain or shine, coming back to you in this thread. Peace :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Loco. That coin is still on my bucket list. If you dont have any other silver dollars yet, then welcome to the silver dollar club !

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an epic find LD!

They don't make silver coins any bigger than that one. WOW!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Piece Silver Dollar is one of the more difficult type of US coins to find, they are actually harder to find than a Morgan. Way to go! Most detectorist will never find one. Congrats!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that awesome Peace dollar! I'm still looking for my first silver dollar after 24 years. Your persistence paid off- she's a beauty and I hope you find many more!

-- Jeff --

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the hell did I miss this one???
Fantastic LD..
You deserve 5 more!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh wow. I missed this one Loco. Great find and don't worry, your hearing will come back after loud noises; gunshots, dynamite, peace dollar signals....etc. lol

Steve

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful coin, Loco! On my list as well! You've certainly made more progress on your bucket list this year than I have mine! I am happy for, and envious of you! Great job on that save!

-Jay

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Loco strolls into the silver dollar club in style. Great find man, that's awesome

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 35 years of metal detecting I've only found one silver dollar and it was also a Peace Dollar. Great find! That's one coin that's on a whole lot of bucket lists and odds are most will never find one. Way to go!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a second bucket list item in, what? 2 days? That is awesome! I guess I missed these 2 posts because I don't log on over the weekends much, if at all.

Both of those items are still on my bucket list, but you give me hope!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice Loco,congrats on the 2 cent too man.my hunt still continues for either one.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
There aren't too many of those to be found in Indiana, or anywhere else for that matter. Well done! I like all of the goodies you find, especially the old obsolete Type Coins.
But as I've said before, I have to go back and find your 1877 Indian Cent every now and again for a look. What a coin!
Phil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread