Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They announced on their website a new pinpointer for scuba, that is waterproof to 40 meters! (that's 120 feet!) will be available this spring.

underwater-pinpointer-450x450.jpg

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an approximate price listed?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See what happens. You find a product you like and speak well of it - or at least the manufacturer.

But - in your own words:

How much do they pay you? or is it in trade?

Now you know where I was coming from. :occasion14:

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a amateur who got started last year in this hobby. If Deteknix was wanting a spokesperson I would think they would want someone with a little more experience in the field. I will say what works and doesn't. I have had no problems with my pinpointer and has already lasted longer than my Garrett. I have always been a fan of competition and choice. Last time I checked there are no endorsement checks in my mail box. Nor have I gotten any free stuff. And if I do have any problems with my purchases, I will be the first person to tell you. I had problems with my F2 and told everyone about it. I also told everyone when the company I bought it from went out of their way to make it right. I am happy to see you use my statement out of context to try to make an innocuous point. The reason I said that was because you were defending an obvious design flaw in the F5 as if we should just accept a lame excuse, and that as a customer it is none of my business. But I don't want to open that whole can of worms up again. Do you? I have also stated on this forum that the quality of the buttons on the Deteknix are not as good as they should be. That I hope that they will remedy this and have contacted the company about it. But all in all, for the money this pinpointer can't be beat. And any time a company saves me money and still gives me performance, I will applaud them. And you have to admit when all the other companies waterproof pinpointers are only guaranteeing 10 feet of depth and Detecknix is saying 120 feet, you have to stand up and take notice. In the end the proof is in the pudding. We will see how Garrett and Deteknix waterproof pointers pan out.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got it right mikeray. There are people in this "hobby" who are professional detectorists. Sporting an array of the most expensive detectors, saying what is "best of the best", etc. As long as I have detected (12 years), I don't consider myself in the professional crowd. I purchase what I feel I want to invest, in a hobby that gives me more fun, than it does a return on investment. If people want to invest thousands in the field, so be it. I hope they get their thousands back ten fold. But for me, it's not about whats best or deepest, it's about the pleasure I get just finding dimes and nickels, and the occasional prize worth a little more (rings, etc).

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fell in love with this hobby as soon as I dug my first signal with my $75 Bounty Hunter. I have watched videos on about every machine made. The more I learn, the more I want to know. While others are watching movies, I watch videos of live digs for entertainment.
I also want to know how my machine works so I can better understand what it is telling me. I am a man of few financial resources. Any purchase I have made for this hobby has been a major purchase for me. So I really try to get the most bang for my buck. Instead of a probe I use a screwdriver, Instead of a fancy finds pouch, I use a $2.50 cotton 2 pocket apron. Instead of a fancy logo detecting vest, I use my old fly fishing vest. I use an old soft sided cooler to carry my stuff and a Fiskars digger with an old leather sheath. I don't feel deprived or jealous. Just grateful to get to do it.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like a protective announcement by Deteknix. When Garrett announced the Propointer AT people are putting in advance orders so
this might give them an more equal footing. Very common strategy by both companies as neither has promised a cast in stone availability date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread