All Treasure Hunting
More pics of others or ov this this was the best i have of this one

Upvote 0

stdenis_jd

May 7, 2015
West Lower Peninsula, MI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anything else you can tell us about it? Where it was found, other opinions you have had, crystal structure (hard to tell in that pic)? Could be vanadinite, but the crystal structure looks wrong, could be quartz with a strange color I'm not familiar with, could be many things honestly. Need more info

For now I'll say ferruginous quartz until I can find out more

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Geraldg

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garnet if i remember correctly it was my fathers and it is a piece of his colecttion he left to me i know he said he paid more for it than he bought his house 30 years ago so i dont know if that help and thats about what i know of this piece. Mainly why i ask opinion is it a diamond tester give a positive reading so idk im stuck on what to really think on it.

Upvote 0

Moesia

Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello. Your picture is low resolution so you can not see much, not even if it is all the same mineral. It is not a diamond, it is unlikely a garnet. Looks like something out of a limestone cavity, impossible to tell. It is small and probably not of great value, but some of the exotic minerals fetch upper end values irrelevant of its size. Take it to a local geologist if you have the time to check it out in person.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Geraldg

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you its confermed a rare forming garnett i guess a sort of hybred thank you for all that took time to look its 8.8 oz 1237 ct give or take a few cts its going to be auctioned ill post pics of the others and auction info when its final

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread