WW2 German Badge and Bayonet Holder

CristianH

Mar 9, 2015
Romania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dear community, I want to share with you my latest finds, small story and discovery short movie.

It was a great sunny day and we started metal detecting early in the morning. After a few steps in the forest my brother found the first object and it's a piece from a Romanian belt buckle.
Later my brother was yelling at me from some bushes that he just found something interesting and I started running to him. He discovered a nice German WW2 badge given later in the war for soldiers injured in battle. It wasn't over yet because we found some other cool stuff like a German K98 bayonet holder with the leather still attached on it, a German canteen top and a pot.

Here is the movie:

dsc_3144.jpg dsc_3176.jpg dsc_3180.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice badge. Got to be more stuff around there yet! [emoji2]

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you might be into a good spot.:thumbsup:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree, thats all very promising! The wounded badge is also in good shape like the other stuff you found. Bajonet sheat with frog looks great!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, I liked the shot of the rifle pit or trench. Very cool wound badge and bayonet scabbard with frog. Maybe some SS buckles or dagger even a helmet or two around there. Looking forward to seeing more of your finds, Good Luck!

Steve

OP
OP
CristianH

CristianH

Mar 9, 2015
Romania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for watching my post and also appreciating my video. Yes indeed it's a promising ww2 zone in a forest but with a lot of young trees growing over trenches and it's quite hard to squeeze between. But what I'm not doing to reach in the good spots :D Until now a lot of war relics I will keep you updated if will come out more stuff from that zone.
And one last thing I'm sorry for saying bayonet holder instead of bayonet scabbard because my English is still at a beginner stage.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought Badge, Bayonet, Belt. Shallow Grave.
Good Luck Keep in mind you may run into live Ammunition/Grenade in that area. Dig with caution.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread