May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this in a pawnshop and couldn’t pass it up. Grabbed some scrap gold I purchased at Yard Sales for about $50 And traded for it. It’s a Rolex Oyster made for soldiers hence the name Army. Interestingly the shop listed it as a 1956 but based on the 224XXX serial number and it’s style it is a 1942. Big mistake on their part. It runs great and seems to be all original including the dial which is quite rare. I have to say I am really falling for World War II era watches. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539953723.442941.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539953743.172587.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Rolex from around that era that had a copper color dial, but a busted stem. I got it out of a pawn shop in Silver City, New Mexico maybe around 1994. I sold it to a friend and fellow timepiece collector, who I've known for years for $400. Dang I wished I'd a kept all the wristwatches I came buy in the 80s and 90s. I went crazy selling all those things early on with eBay. Very hard to find those kinds of things now and when you do they're not cheap anymore. So how much Au, did you swap for that treasure?

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah 3K$ on the popular auction site. Nice find, I would probably see if I could get a new face and crystal for it.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a new crystal and was just serviced. The original salmon dial is rare with 3000 produced.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread