X-Terra 50 Coil Steadying Bracket?

Have had my 30 out twice and see the same problem you are speaking of I have come to the comclusion that I personelly am going to go to use wing nuts on both sides of coil mount but to do this I will have to replace the bolt with all thread not sure if it will affect the detector . Tesoro uses a metal bolt in their detectors as their is one in the deleon going to give it a try on my Xterra By the way what is your opinion on the Xterra

Somebody makes a plastic coil holding dohickie like you mention, but I don't remember who. Look in Western & Eastern Treasures magazine as you'll find them advertised there. I once made one of a piece of Plexiglas and fastened it on with cable ties. Works well and cheap.

The Minelab X-Terra's are good machines for easy of use in coin hunting, etc. Time spent playing with knobs on higher priced detectors equals less time swinging the coil. For serious detecting in may areas a more rounded type is necessary. That's why manufactures make high quality machines and the cheaper entry models. The X-Terra's aren't entry models.......just easy to use....LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back