X-Terra 705 as an addition to the arsenal?

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a large 705 package last weekend to compliment my deus. Love my deus but I find myself hunting a few sites with so many targets (old bulldozed homesites) and briar patches which play hell with the 11" coil despite its excellent depth and separation capabilities.
It's damn near impossible to hunt some of these overgrown briar patch sites with an 11" coil that gets hung and stuck on everything.
One of the coils the 705 package came with is the 18.75khz 6" DD. Now I know that it will be easier to swing in the thick of it using such a small coil, without getting caught and tangled and I'm HOPING it will provide an extra edge on target separation on those brick and soil piles, particularly with so many square nails scattered throughout them.

Has anyone used both the deus and 705 6" and can provide some insight as to the capabilities of the 6" on the 705 in heavily nail & small iron infested sites?

The deus is my go to detector but this will serve as a site specific specialized detector for hard to access ground or berm piles.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No experience with the Deus, but I can tell you that I'd off that 6" HF DD to get a 6" LF (3kHz) DD in a heartbeat for hunting in the conditions you describe. The coil that you have is very sensitive to small objects, making it great for prospecting, but it loves iron too much to use in a bed of square nails. 3kHz does a much better job of distinguishing iron from higher conductors like brass, copper, and silver, and is likely very similar to running the Deus at 4kHz.

OP
OP
CoilToTheSoil

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac