Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, went to a park that has produced Silver time after time. It had been 9 hunts since I last came home with a silver coin.
Yesterday I loaded up the DEUS and headed out for a marathon hunt. Ten hours and about 3 pounds of trash, finally had the DEUS singing over a 1953d Silver Roosevelt Dime.
I am a nickel digger. I have dug 323 nickels so far this year. I know as do many of you guys that nickel and gold signals can overlap one another. With the DEUS, the solid "64" signal, (in 18hz), will usually be a nickel. I will give it a few notches down to about 60. Higher than 64 is usually a pull tab. Yesterday I got a "60" and went after it. It turned out to be a watch case that I just threw into my pouch and went on with the hunt.
When I got home and started to clean my finds. I realized that the DEUS had found it's first piece of gold. On the back of the little ladies watch,
I found, "14 K GOLD D & A."
The D & A stands for DiVincenzo and Arient. The "White" Gold is why I didn't check the watch when I dug it.
My finds for the hunt turned up a few older wheat pennies, including a 1914 and a 1917.

IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG IMG_4551.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Determination pays off every time. Congrats on the gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread