Yesterdays Finds

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Yesterday's Finds

I used to work part time for one of the local estate sale companies. Quit a few months ago because a couple of the little old lady workers were driving me nuts. I'm still on good terms with the owner & she called me yesterday to shop a sale before she emailed her invitation list. Nice to be the first one to shop besides the workers. The jewelry is costume. Cameo & black onyx are gold fill. Leaf pin is Krementz. Other piece is unmarked. The African American pieces are marked 1955 & I. Larson. Looks like I overpaid for those. Candlesticks are Avon. Not pictured are some stainless flatware sets & a small enamel pin I can't find.
1319.JPG 1320.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Yep. We had the first 5 or 6 when I was a kid. Always liked checking them out. The wife tells me I should read them before I sell. I'm tempted but know I'd want to keep them then & I've got too much stuff at the house now.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
You have a set of Foxfire books. The ultimate in prepper books. They say you can rebuild civilization with a set. Everything you need to survive a disaster is supposedly in them. How much are you selling them for, please post to MRBeyer.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay Foxfire! I just sold a set (1-10) for $125 but they've gone for close to $200 on eBay.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I have an auction draft saved on eBay waiting on the weekend to start. There are some condition issues so starting price is $79.95.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I have foxfire 1-6. I recently sold (another set) 1-5 at my yard sale, they were in rough condition though. I like the 3 graces brooch also.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I see completely different cool stuff here. The utensil set is Flint USA, or something very similar. It may not sell for a whole lot, but they're my tool of choice in the kitchen. Then you have that Sunbeam "Radiant Control" toaster sparkling in the background. I have two, but that bad boy looks like new.

Automatic Beyond Belief

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread