tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of the sites on my trip to Yerington Nevada. It's a little town out in the hot, high and dry western edge of Nevada. The town sits along the Walker river which drains into a sink to the east of the mountains. Coming down from the mine I was at on the east side of the valley the land is very desolate. Down along the river it's all like a garden of Eden, from all the irrigation taken from this short river that comes out of the Sierra Nevada mountains. I finished my work there early and I packed a lunch, but I was out of there by 10:30 AM so I had my lunch at a little rest area called Buckland Station. I started walking around and was hearing this pretty loud YIP YIP YIP sound. Looking in the direction from where the sound was coming I saw this squirrel of some kind up on a post yipping away at me I guess. As I looked around I saw other keeping an eye on me. The rest area sits along the Carson river and there are some pretty huge Cottonwoods along the river and these squirrels really blend in to the trunks of those Cottonwoods. Even the Sage Brush along this river are unusually taller compared to the high country of the Rocky Mountains. Must be the climate being much warmer all year long over the higher elevations. Today it was getting close to 100.

Attachments

• trip 071719 2.jpg
    trip 071719 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • trip 071719 3.jpg
    trip 071719 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • trip 071719 4.jpg
    trip 071719 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
  • trip 071719 5.jpg
    trip 071719 5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • trip 071719 6.jpg
    trip 071719 6.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the one with the standing squirrel. Pretty neat. :hello2:
I took a few shots of that one. I don't know if you notice in this shot I caught it with it's mouth wide open doing it's warning cry maybe because I was poking around?. It was a pretty loud call it was sounding out. Prairie dogs do the same, but not nearly as loud as this squirrel was able to achieve.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Post as usual Grant!....Like the squirrels but that old building is my favorite.
Thanks Ron. Yeah there is something about old abandoned rustic structures. I like so much about them and what time has done to them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics wish I could walk into that picture

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread