Surely they aren't as mean as a junkyard dog.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This I took from a large auto salvage yard that's on the way to dropping off the grandson. He likes to me to always take a slow drive along a side-road that goes by this junkyard. I understand it. Me and my buddies in our teens like touring the auto salvage yard also back in the day. I've got parts for my daughters car here before and they run you out on an atv to the vehicles types that might have what you want. I asked the guy can't I just go walk around and find what I need myself, but he said nope. Guess you can't even go reminisce with all the old cars and trucks in a junkyard anymore. 😒

Attachments

• 20240518_100235.jpg
    20240518_100235.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father in law had a welding shop and wrecking yard. He acquired the meanest junk yard dogs you’ve ever seen. All big male dogs the owners could no longer handle. He handled them with an axe handle and they figured out real quick who was boss. I tried to make friends with one to impress my then girlfriend and he ripped the sleeve off my flannel shirt.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My father in law had a welding shop and wrecking yard. He acquired the meanest junk yard dogs you’ve ever seen. All big male dogs the owners could no longer handle. He handled them with an axe handle and they figured out real quick who was boss. I tried to make friends with one to impress my then girlfriend and he ripped the sleeve off my flannel shirt.
There's nothing meaner than a junkyard dog.
Though looking at the photo it seems now it's just sheep that rule the rural junkyard. :laughing7:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are lucky to be able to share the time with your grand children :)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up the grandson and today there's guard goats and donkeys at the junkyard

Attachments

• 20240523_142713.jpg
    20240523_142713.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread