[Deteknix Quest] Tips for searching in the woods.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$$$$ I am attending [Deteknix Quest].Post and win our prize. $$$$

Deteknix

When detecting in the woods make sure to have a safety plan. Tell someone where you are going and when you will call them or be back. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged, and wear BRIGHT colors - NOT camo during hunting season!!! Have a First Aid Kit in your car, as well as extra batteries; an extra wing nut and bolt for your coil to lower pole attachment; extra headphones; and plenty of water. :icon_thumright:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...uest-tips-new-metal-detector.html#post4784624

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And keep an eye out for the old wells!

You got that right.

I came across an old, stone lined ice pit a few months back. Had I not been paying attention I could have easily fallen right in. It's at least 25 ft. deep. It would have been a nightmare, if not impossible to get out of with an injury. Coulda' died in that hole.

I can't imagine the work involved in hand digging those old pits and wells back in the day.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions