Practice for map readers

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have enclosed a picture of a genuine site . About 15 years ago at least, I was sitting on a blanket on a beach cliff top with my family, waiting for the parade of the tall ships to enter the bay. I felt a bit itchy about where I was sitting. Decided to check out below me. I had a single dowsing rod in with our picnic gear. Checked out below and got a shock. It was a good day atmospheric wise for dowsing which sometimes I have to wait sometimes for weeks.
Actually i have been waiting for 6 years since the last dowsing season.
There was a cave below me of small room size and it was full of a mixed variety. Just recently I discovered the marker that is necessary for a hidden cave to be plausable as they have to have a marker on a map to return to the site.
I wondered how deep the cave was below the surface , so decided yesterday to go back to the site and see if there were any clues.

Owing to backhoe work at some time in the past, the soil was removed down to the roof of the cave.
Limestone may stop an earth mover without the operater necessarilly musing as to whether there is a treasure cave below.
Cave and contents is to the left of the shovel and cave entrance. The shovel is pointing at the cave and contents. It is possible to put the shovel mentally below you and walk over the cave and look down at the contents.
I dont think there is any thing stopping me gaining entry on this site. Although I will have to wait till our summer is over before I can come back. Pic shows the shovel tucking in under the edge of the caves limstone roof. Max

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 310
OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you dont need a 100 feet. cant you just mentally walk the way the spade is going , no more than 12 feet . THE SHOVEL IS GOING INTO THE CAVE PROPER. Max

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Max…I am getting a Natural Cave with Religious Artifacts @ 14 feet from the top of the photo….Art

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
religious artifacts are a probable as it was one of the first caves filled in by the Jesuits in this area in the 17 th century.. Max

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is dowsing and browsing. Obviously you are posting in the wrong column.
max

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got cave within the red outline area, found a distant cave signal off in the upper right corner. The red X is some artifacts or treasure, maybe both.

Attachments

• P1010020-map.JPG
    P1010020-map.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 262
OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red desert, You are spot on re proximately of cave , I must check up on your finding of another cave to the right. There is no law re caves. they are where you find them/.... max

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aussie 1 said:
red desert, You are spot on re proximately of cave , I must check up on your finding of another cave to the right. There is no law re caves. they are where you find them/.... max

Thanks Max...might mention that other cave is either very small or off a ways in the distance. It seemed nearly as thin as the red line I've made.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked again...it is a small cave, somewhere between 1-2 feet wide, seems to run to the other cave. Probably is no more than 23-24 feet away from your shovel.

Attachments

• P1010020-mapB.jpg
    P1010020-mapB.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 236
OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red Desert, what you have found is a two foot or so wide tunnel connecting two caves .
i am familiar with this type of set up and you have to be correct as no-one can dream up a second cave connected by a two foot wide tunnel... max

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aussie 1 said:
red Desert, what you have found is a two foot or so wide tunnel connecting two caves .
i am familiar with this type of set up and you have to be correct as no-one can dream up a second cave connected by a two foot wide tunnel... max

Thanks again Max. I'm not one of those people who explore caves and as you correctly guessed, never would have thought of the small connecting tunnel possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread