Ground balance on the F4

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So in my continuing research for my new detector purchase I have concluded that the F4 is the machine that I probably will go with. My question today is this...
I have read conflicting reports about the ground balance on the F4. Some say the ground balance only works in the "all metal" and not when you change back to the discriminating modes, while others say the ground balance carries over when you switch back to discriminating modes. I would just like to find out for sure which is true. I've downloaded and read the owners manual from front to back and haven't found the answer. I'm not sure it would keep me from actually purchasing this unit, but i'm the type that likes to have all the answers before I make a purchase of this magnitude! Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated!!! Btw, i've checked over this forum and haven't been able to find anything, but if I did miss it, please let me know.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ground balance in all metal and the setting then carries over to the discrimination mode. It only resets when you turn off so you can flick back and forth as much as you like.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:
You ground balance in all metal and the setting then carries over to the discrimination mode. It only resets when you turn off so you can flick back and forth as much as you like.

He is right! The Fisher F4 Metal Detector is a heck of a machine. Holler if You need help or better pricing!

OP
OP
C

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
U.K. Brian said:

He is right! The Fisher F4 Metal Detector is a heck of a machine. Holler if You need help or better pricing!

Thanks guys! I was kind of figuring it would carry over, but I wanted to make sure just to ease my mind. And Bart, I'll probably be in touch in the next few days or so. Not sure if you're familiar with my other post, but I basically just need the F4, a 4" coil, and headphones (I think they are coming with the unit now??). I really don't need all the trinkets and extras, but if there's something you think I can't do without, i'm open for suggestions. ;D

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a pinpointer. I didn't use one for a long time but now wouldn't go without because of the time it saves you.

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
U.K. Brian said:
The ground balance does not carry over from all metal to disc mode. Disc mode is always in a preset.

Mike

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Fisher customer service and find out for yourself. Then you'll know.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you move the dial off of the preset setting, it is in manual mode.

Unless the discrimination mode bypasses that manual setting, that is not in the preset mode any longer, I would think that manual ground balance is working instead of the preset mode. That is why they have the dial to change it out of preset mode.

I could be wrong but this is what I was thinking about the ground balance.

Yea, ask Fisher and let us know. Inquiring minds want to know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread