100 Hours with my CZ-21

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Top, How is it going? Nice info" Love my CZ-21
A 100 yen here gives a high tone, but if I pull off to the edge of the signal phasing out it will turn to a mid tone, almost 100% of the time when it does that it's a 100 yen. No other item will do that.
Good Luck....Semper Fi 2016_0821_072232_004.JPG

Last edited:

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice write up. I have a 3030 and it does very well on the beach. I've been thinking about getting a excal with a small coil. I'm having a little trouble with the 3030 in black sand areas on the delta where I search. These are high trash areas and my PI's would have me digging constantly. I'm thinking a excal with small coil may be the ticket.

strick

Numil

Jul 11, 2014
Oahu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much for the write up! I've recently purchased a CZ-21 and while I've only had maybe 6 hrs on it I'm impressed. Previously I've been using a White's Dual Field but have to admit the constant tone was driving me crazy. My CZ right out of the box found 2 rings the first 2 hrs of use. A Plat/18K band and a small 925 ring to go along with it. I look forward to many more trips with this impressive detector.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice write up Top.
Love my CZ-21. Always keeping my eye out for a used one to grab at a good price in order to have a backup as well. CZ takes a beating, goes deep and I'm constantly competing with my hunting partner and his Minelab to see who walks away with the most goodies :)
Numil, check out Casper-2's forum threads for tips and tricks on how to get the best out of your CZ. After getting some pointers from Casper, I have been hitting old silver at my water hunting spots consistently with the CZ (need to take the time to post the finds).

Best of luck everyone and happy hunting!
TwoYewts

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a CZ-21 used this past fall. My experience is mainly older PIs and lately the Surf Dual field. Listening to the low level tone with the surf and mostly wind interference is a pain. Any how looking forward to trying the CZ...

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread