vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Carlitosway2

Apr 11, 2016
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
(Favorite) CTX 3030
(Back up) whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Long Island NY. You will get use to it, watch some YouTube videos. Your gonna be hooked. :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Garrett forum and don't be afraid to ask questions....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet also from Mi Tommy

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Indiana. I don't own the 300 but it takes time to learn the machine. Here are a few tips that might help.
Take an index card or sticky note and write down the most common vdi numbers andkeep it on you when you hunt.
(test the VDI numbers on your machine with the coins on the ground) Take notice of how the vdi changes on these coins/jewelry as you raise your coil from 2,4, 8 inches.
Practice pin-pointing by hiding coins under a sheet of paper or cardboard (maybe have someone else do this for you)
- Practice locating coins without pinpointing by using the x method
- If you don't already have one then plan to get a good pinpointer - Garrett or deteknix
- watch youtube videos on your machine (live digs-help alot) - but don't expect to be digging seated cc dimes anytime soon either.
- read everything twice - including your manual (I've made this mistake on every metal detector I have purchased. Then a year later I feel like an idiot)
- start hunting at the easiest locations - very important you learn your machine and build confidence- tot lots with mulch or sand. Then small strips on softball/baseball fields
(Think if mom just gave me fifty cents what path would I take to the concession stand?)
- Read about the halo effect (this may be what your experiencing) - my tesoro would find the smallest stuff like the back of an earring at 7 inches it can be pretty frustrating at times.
- go slow, learn to sweep properly and level - dig as much as you can live with.
HH

Last edited:

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Conshohocken Pa. take eman1000 advice and it will all come together I have a 400 and an AT Pro and still learning both even though I had used a Whites for years it just takes time and patience

IAHOLEDIGGER

Mar 7, 2015
S.W. IOWA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,Whites dfx/ dx-1/ Garrett carrot,ultimate grey ghost headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from sunny Arizona. Once you figure it out...and you will....you'll find it hard to put down. Happy hunting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from middle Georgia. As a former Missouri resident I can tell ya there's lots of places to detect. You can also check with a lot of county parks and rec departments. Buchanan County (St. Joseph) where I lived had an annual permit for only $5 when we lived there. And lots of historic areas you may be able to relic hunt. So check to see if there's a local club or the state sub-forum that can assist you with more ideas. Great to have you here and hope you enjoy all the sub-forums, including the "Brands" area that has lots of tips and questions answered on your model of detector. Best of luck in 2019 and beyond!!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14: :headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting