My Discovery

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between picking up the occasional piece of broken stone artifacts and finding a big Smith Point preform and a few Jakies it seems I may have discovered an ancient settlement on my own land. According to the Arkansas Archeological Survey which is who identified these pieces as late Archaic said they are estimated to date back to 3,000-1,000 B.C.

The settlement part remains to be confirmed, however it's exciting thinking of what might be there waiting to be found.
tmp_981-20170214_1250362040677827.jpg

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
That would be way to cool. Hope there is a site there, you could be in for years of fun

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If not an actual settlement, it very well could have just been a large camp site used over and over for hunting trips.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and even better when it's in your own back yard! My "site" is my creek and I love just going back there whenever I want. Good luck finding more and can't wait to see them.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been any good at nor put in much effort into finding arrowheads and such but after a couple of days talking to a local archeologist I might just sift a little bit of dirt here and there on the weekends and see what turns up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread