Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Korban said:
Found this in Eastern Oregon. Dont know if its worth anything but I sure like it.

That is a very cool looking watch fob! Way to go! Where about in Eastern Oregon? Anywhere close to Ontario? or Burns? It sure gets hot over in that part of Oregon in the summer time!

Dan W Wa.

Mar 4, 2007
Montesano Washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Nice Fob, I like it
Must have got a free watch when purchasing one of there tractors.

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 610
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 619
OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I used to live in La Grande OR, which is where I found this. Really Hot in the summer.

OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
So I should get a free tractor when I find a Fob right?

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool Fob!!!

I used to live in the town where Rumely Oil Pull Tractors were built, LaPorte Indiana. They are a very well-known early internal combustion tractor and were powered by an oil-cooled kerosene engine. Oil was used as a coolant because a kerosene engine runs hotter and oil has a higher boiling point than water, and as an added plus is that your radiator would never rust out! They were tough and reliable and quite a few survive in running condition today and there are always Rumely's to be found at vintage tractor and engine shows. Advance-Rumely had manufatcuring centers in LaPorte, IN, Battle Creek, MI and Toronto, ON. Advance Rumely was eventually bought out by Allis-Chalmers in 1931. A more detailed history of Rumely can be found at:

http://www.rumely.com/History.htm

I remember walking by the old Rumely House in LaPorte which was near the Jr High School that I attended. Old Lady Rumely was quite eccentric and had mannequins that she posed here and there around the house and at the windows. All of us kids thought the place was haunted and it was a great "I dare ya to...." spot.

Anyway, great find and here's some pics of restored Rumely "Oil Pull" Tractors that your fob advertises:

1927 Model L
Rumely.jpg

1920 Model H
Rumely 2.jpg

1918 Model F
Rumely 3.jpg

1909 "Kerosene Annie" -The very first Rumely Oil Pull Tractor built ...And it's STILL running today!
Kerosene Annie.jpg

Hope this shed a little light on your fob. I don't know it's value though.

HH,
SgtSki

OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
Oh very cool. Thanks for the pics, Thats neat to see what the Fob is advertising!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!! I too am from LaPorte Indiana where the Rumely tractors were built. Some of those Rumely items go for godd money on E-bay. There are a lot of collectors for the Rumely pieces.
Congrats!
-MM-

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Korban said:
Found this in Eastern Oregon. Dont know if its worth anything but I sure like it.

Great find!

Even 25 years ago, it was rated "F" ($75-100) in Hoover's definitive Watch Fob Guide Book. Ten years ago, one brought $112.50 in a Dave Beck fob auction, and in recent years I've seen it bring well over $100.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tractor stuff is very collectible. I am sure that you will get a pretty penny for it if you decide to part with it.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread