Received my new backup today !!

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive, I'm in the process of shopping for a new machine. Be seeing you this spring. Good luck with the new machine.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you find what you are looking for. Let me know when you find something and we will get together for a hunt !!

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will, seriously considering an mxt.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the M6, are the dime and quarter silver or clad? Just wondering as I'm always trying to bypass clad in the parks I detect so I'm not wasting time digging those junk coins. HH

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the M6, are the dime and quarter silver or clad? Just wondering as I'm always trying to bypass clad in the parks I detect so I'm not wasting time digging those junk coins. HH

I know the dime is silver but not sure about the quarter. I will ask my friend who planted them.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will, seriously considering an mxt.

I really like it so far and with the help of Wingmaster, I am getting the hang of it. Its so nice to not have to go through a bunch of menus to get settings for good performance.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss my xlt, I believe it was probably the deepest detector I've ever owned even deeper than the explorer.The only problem neither one was good in heavy trash. I'm looking for something that has a very fast recovery for those really target rich environments. It seems to be the places I end up hunting the most.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I miss my xlt, I believe it was probably the deepest detector I've ever owned even deeper than the explorer.The only problem neither one was good in heavy trash. I'm looking for something that has a very fast recovery for those really target rich environments. It seems to be the places I end up hunting the most.

The M6 will do it. I ain't so sure about 10" depths though. Otherwise, an M6 will kill in coin count, trash or not. martin

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck Martin there ain't much need for ten inch depth in this concrete we call soil here. I bet 90% of coins are within 8 inches of the surface here in north Texas.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT has super fast recovery but as with any detector heavy trash makes it a lot harder to hunt, just slow way down in the trash and you might throw on a smaller coil for real heavy trash but you'll lose some depth with a smaller coil. HH

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I spoke with my friend and they are both silver. 1964 dime and 1964 quarter. The area that the coins are buried in is almost perfect ground and it is clear with nothing to mask the coins. I know that this test does not necessarily reflect normal hunting conditions. It is definitely a best case scenario.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bypass clad? What's the use in detecting? I know of a club that bypassed cent readings at an old housing area. My buddy got a cent reading right beside a sidewalk that had been detected over for 2 years. Dug the cent and checked the hole again. 3 inches lower was a WL half. Clean it out if you want to get the good stuff!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only do that at old pounded parks, if you were to dig all the clad and junk you would almost never come home with silver as all the silver at these places is all 10"+ deep and you could spend day after day digging clad. HH
Bypass clad? What's the use in detecting? I know of a club that bypassed cent readings at an old housing area. My buddy got a cent reading right beside a sidewalk that had been detected over for 2 years. Dug the cent and checked the hole again. 3 inches lower was a WL half. Clean it out if you want to get the good stuff!

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT has super fast recovery but as with any detector heavy trash makes it a lot harder to hunt, just slow way down in the trash and you might throw on a smaller coil for real heavy trash but you'll lose some depth with a smaller coil. HH
Granted you lose depth and coverage with a smaller coil, but until you try it in extreme trash you won't believe how surgical the little 4X6 shooter is in that condition. I use one fairly often on my MXT with great success when the trash is really heavy.
luvdux

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chris, I have 2 small coils for my MXT/M6. The Detech 6X8 SEF is the one I use the most but in really trashy areas or to get closer to playground equip., I put on the Whites 4X6 DD. My main coil for open areas is the SEF 10X12. If you are having difficulties in trash, the smaller coil will definitely help out. Most of the areas that I hunt (probably the same type as you) the 6X8 get a lot of work.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While i like the concept of the MX5, i cant seem to lose my passion for the M6 and MXT with its traditional metal box and hardware design. Thanks for the video, the M6 is a nice detector.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While i like the concept of the MX5, i cant seem to lose my passion for the M6 and MXT with its traditional metal box and hardware design. Thanks for the video, the M6 is a nice detector.

I agree with you completely. I hear people complain about the metal box design but I love the design. It just looks solid and tough and you don't feel like you are holding a plastic toy. I really think the M6 will be a nice backup to my MXT.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope whites never stops making the metal housing models.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I'm happy you are jumping back into the hobby Chris! Kinda wish I'd seen that MXT Pro before ya. Great buy.

The metal box design should be better at isolating stray RF, EMI, and pinpointer energy. martin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread