SkyPirate
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 31, 2009
- Messages
- 1,861
- Reaction score
- 83
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Raleigh North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have a set of Telex Echelon 20 aviation headsets. Has anyone on here tried to modify an aviation headset to use with a metal detector?
They have a 1/4 inch plug for sound and another smaller plug for mic. I tried my set with my Tesoro but even with the volume all the way up, the sound was pretty quiet. Is there anything I can do to make them work better with a metal detector?
UPDATE 1-17-10 I have decided to buy a set of MD headphones. I found a pair of Jolly Rogers at dicks sportinggoods.com and I found a 15% off internet coupon. you can't beat $59! Thanks for the input!
They have a 1/4 inch plug for sound and another smaller plug for mic. I tried my set with my Tesoro but even with the volume all the way up, the sound was pretty quiet. Is there anything I can do to make them work better with a metal detector?
UPDATE 1-17-10 I have decided to buy a set of MD headphones. I found a pair of Jolly Rogers at dicks sportinggoods.com and I found a 15% off internet coupon. you can't beat $59! Thanks for the input!
I stumbled onto a pair of active, noise cancelling headphones on sale for $39.95. I took a chance, and they are worth every penny! They take two AAA batteries which even CAME with the headphones! When you turn them on, everything in the background goes Q-U-I-E-T!!! They are amplified, so you can turn them up as loud as you like, and with a frequency response of 35 - 15,000 Hz, you hear every sound. I use them with the Etrac, and they also work great as just headphones for the Walkman, Ipod, or whatever else you use. You can even wear them when cutting the grass, just to lower the sound of the mower!!!








