1liquigirl
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
As posted on the shipwreck poll, I hunt for shipwrecks, from the comforts of my own home. From two pirate maps I derived the locations, then searched the web to see if anything turned up in those spots. One was Big Duck Island, Maine the other off of Atlantic Beach North Carolina with an X marking the spot. The first was discovered through Captain Kidd's Key or Skeleton Island Map, of which two pirate treasures have turned up there in the 1950's. More info on this can be seen at http://users.adelphia.net/~spainhe/ellen/gdi.htm. Oh, if I had been born earlier and old enough to find it first. The second I will list below, this was discovered the year I graduated high school, I just solved this one about a month ago, it's Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge. So, I'm getting closer to nabbing one of my own. I have had great help from James Ruddach, Kevin Kidd, and Howard Frey. But research is my game, and I owe alot of my finds to such simple things as a Rand McNally Atlas and Google Earth, to help me scope things out. I'll enclose a picture of a galleon, which I have found, it is in very shallow water, so much can be seen. It is located off an unpopulated island in the Carribean, and I believe is the answer to the "Galleon Wrecks" portion of Captain Kidd's Mar Del Map. If I knew about investors and finding all the people I would need to bring it together, I'd be there right now, there's no info on this area anywhere on the web! But how to get there before someone beats me to it? If anyone wants info from my archives on these two treasures found, but already found you can e-mail me at dreamdancer25@msn.com I'm saving them to write a book on the adventures I've had from behind a computer. Besides a book, how can I make all this research profit me? I want to search this shipwreck site. Can anyone help me here, or send me info to lead me in the right direction?
, I will look into what you've mentioned. I hope it's not the same image as one posted last year, like I said, I haven't seen anything on the web about this particular location. I really am happy to hunt, even if in the end I find someone else got the treasure, but it would be nice to score one! I'm really looking forward to learning a few things from this forum, as well as show off a bit of what I'm up to. It's so nice sharing such a wonderful hobby, research, treasure hunting, metal detecting with good people who enjoy it just as much as I do. I never get bored. Anyone else know the best way to start off this Carribean quest? I like a variety of opinions, and then I shoot for the best. Break it down for me, starting with first thing to do first. Thanks!
The maps are listed on a few websites, I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes in copywrighting by sending it to you. These are two variants, with solving Great Duck Island there were 4. I'm also up for opinions of anyone else, or if they have other variants of the map to share.








