What's new

Crow Creek Mine - Alaska

FLauthor

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
775
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll be spending a few days at the Crow Creek Mine near Girdwood, Alaska. I'll be taking my untried Minelab XT18000. Anybody used any of the Minelab Gold Machines in this area? I have a walking disability but I'm still going to try even if I have to detect on my knees. I hope to find something other than bird or buck shot.
 
Upvote 0
I have not detected in that area so I am of little help there but know I will be here cheering for ya!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
 
I know Crow Creek is great for dredging and highbanking.

For more info about Crow Creek have you tried www.akmining.com

I have in the past seen some pics of people MD'ing on the benches.


It is a great place to visit, the scenery is great and well within sightseeing other parts of South Central Alaska.

Maybe STeve H on here can post some.. I know he has alot of knowledge about crow creek.

You can also check the Alaska Gold Forum there is alot of info on there about crow creek
 
Hi,

I know a guy with an XT18000 that does well at Crow Creek. Surface layers are pretty much detected out these days and so people have better luck "scraping and detecting".

Rumor has it the price is going up to $20 per day for detecting this summer. I plan on being down there as soon as the snow is gone as I have some new detectors to test.

Good luck!

Steve Herschbach
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom