fossis
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 5, 2007
- Messages
- 7,837
- Reaction score
- 100
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- eastern Oklahoma
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
By far,the best finds I have made are my collection of
Freshwater Pearls, I started finding them when I used mussel's
for fish bait, & after about 12 years of looking in private lakes,
this is what I collected, I threw away a handfull of defective
ones, some looked like (absessed teeth).
The button industry used musselshells up until Celluloid &
Plastic came along, now American shells are shipped to Japan
to use in the manufacture of Cultured Pearls.
Pics of shell buttons included,(found in an old house).
Fossis..............
Freshwater Pearls, I started finding them when I used mussel's
for fish bait, & after about 12 years of looking in private lakes,
this is what I collected, I threw away a handfull of defective
ones, some looked like (absessed teeth).
The button industry used musselshells up until Celluloid &
Plastic came along, now American shells are shipped to Japan
to use in the manufacture of Cultured Pearls.
Pics of shell buttons included,(found in an old house).
Fossis..............
Attachments
-
Fossils 008.webp37.3 KB · Views: 2,524 -
Fossils 007.webp28.4 KB · Views: 2,304 -
Fossils 006.webp20 KB · Views: 2,344 -
Fossils 009.webp32.6 KB · Views: 2,363 -
Fossils 010.webp30.5 KB · Views: 2,254 -
Fossils 008.webp37.3 KB · Views: 2,348 -
Fossils 007.webp28.4 KB · Views: 2,280 -
Fossils 006.webp20 KB · Views: 2,281 -
Fossils 009.webp32.6 KB · Views: 2,264 -
Fossils 010.webp30.5 KB · Views: 2,246
Upvote
0
...d2








