What's new

help history needed

nkhanjary

Greenie
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I am from Oman and I am currently running a small project on exploring the shipwrecks in Oman.

I am currently investigating a shipwreck called Wokan under the National No 060250 & UK No 44058...

I am trying to find out the reason for it sunk & the history of the ship...

The ship registered under the Panama flag...

tried contacting few ship registry companies in Panama but no luck...

I would like your help to point me to the right direction on getting these information....

Here are some of the information that i have on the ship...
http://www.sealegends.net/wokan

would appreciate your help..
 
Oki,,,

Any one here lives in Panama and knows few people in the ship registry companies???
 
Mackaydon said:
What is the Panamanian registration number for this vessel?
Don..........

I couldnt find that info,,,

I managed to find the

National No 060250
&
UK No 44058
 
These are from the Omani Navy,,,

they are conducting a search for the ship wrecks around Oman to map in case they present any navigation hazard!!!
 
Looks to be the wreck of a tanker. I suspect the name of the vessel and date of loss may be inaccurate.
 
barney said:
Looks to be the wreck of a tanker. I suspect the name of the vessel and date of loss may be inaccurate.

Actually it is a cargo ship...

The problem here in Oman we don’t have a law protecting these wrecks so there are people who came salvaging its steel plates and selling it :(

I am trying to get few wrecks documented before i head to ministry of heritage with a proposal of protecting these wrecks as part of history... That’s one of the reasons I am doing this…
There are few wrecks that I haven’t dived yet but going to in march… and will need the history of these wrecks as well if I couldn’t find them…

Here are some photos of the wreck,,,

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=41448&id=104452932918758

Visibility was bad that day so I couldn’t take lots of good photos,,, My plan for this summer is to go back and take more photos of the wrecks and try to get a top view of it…
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom