What's new

I found this 2001 $5 paper Blue Seal.....is this real??

turbo500

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Titan 2000-XD
Hello,

I found this 2001 $5 paper money with Blue Seal about 2 year ago, this bill is from one of my customer.
I am not sure is that blue seal is original or some people mix in the color, but is nice find for me.

The top $5 bill is Blue seal, the bottom one is original Green seal.

Thank you for looking.
 

Attachments

  • Blue-5dollar.webp
    Blue-5dollar.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 4,647
Upvote 0
Check for a watermark, but yes blue seals are usually silver certificates.
 
I'd be Suspicious.

Mainly because of the year.

It's either Fake or rare.

& if I found it I know which has the better odds :P
 
SEEMS TO BE OBVIOUS FAKE
LOOK AT THE ALIGNMENT AGAINST THE LETTERS - FIVE, ALSO THE CLARITY AND SIZE.
IN THE PRINTING PROCESS YOUR NOT GOING TO HAVE A RANDOM INK COLOR CHANGE
BRADY :P
 
I thought I had a blue seal too, but I went and checked and mine are red. I can't remember where the $2 bill came from but the $5 was handed to me as change at the grocery store years ago.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00717.webp
    DSC00717.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,823
Check for the plastic thread embedded in the bill. It is located on the left or right side of the bill (I forget). I did read something about a printing error once though. I would check it out a little more. If the strip is there, it is real. You can't counterfit that from a copy machine. You might have something worth a few bucks there! Congrats.

John
 
The ink color could be chemically altered

HH
-GC
 
It is a regular bill that has been run though a washer with either bleach or some time of bleach alternative. I have seen this several times but don't take my word. Have it checked!
 
I've never heard of a 2001 silver certificate. They stopped producing them in the 50's I thought ???
 
It looks like it probably went through a washing machine. It's not an error.



-Paul
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom