What's new

Is anyone a member of Weekend Gold Miners

Eddie Lomax

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone on here a member?
 
I have been a member for almost 10 years.This is a club with properties that have a lot of mining history and gold.The members are very helpfull and very friendly.
 
digrdug---have you found any good size nuggets on their properties? do you metal detect or dredge? thanks JOHN
 
John Doe,I dredge for gold on the etowah river property and the testenee.Yes i have found some nice nuggets and lots of smaller gold.It takes alot of years and hard work to find big nuggets,but some are more lucky then others and find a nugget right of the bat when they start prospecting for gold.
 
digrdug said:
I have been a member for almost 10 years.This is a club with properties that have a lot of mining history and gold.The members are very helpfull and very friendly.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm joining next month, when I can finally afford my White's MXT-300 and hope to have some good results. I'm a writer that's taking a year's hiatus to learn the trade and prospect full-time, 40 to 60 hours per week, using the latest equipment and tools to help me zero-in on real targets that will hopefully allow us to dig only when it's really necessary. After the year is up, we will have a daily diary, the results of each day, and a gold map that will begin to emerge of some of the places that many people don't bother to investigate. The creeks constantly replenish themselves, and while you have to get in front of a few dams and reservoirs, there is "still plenty of gold in them thar' hills!" Unless I can enlist the help of one of my sons, I'll be looking for a partner in a very few months - or weeks.

Bill
 
digrdug said:
It takes alot of years and hard work to find big nuggets,but some are more lucky then others and find a nugget right of the bat when they start prospecting for gold.

I'm a member too. You got that right digrdug! Most of the easy stuff was vacuumed up long ago. For anyone new, don't set your expectations high. Metal detecting nuggets up there will almost certainly be a disappointment. I would say you need to use a highbanker or suction dredge to make any worthwhile finds. You will still need lots of luck on your side. Stan
 
Mr. Pepper and I plan to join soon. We have a highbanker and dredge. Does anyone know if gem stones are found in the areas?
 
Thanx guys. I've been a member for a few years.
 
Pepper, The only thing I have come across are garnets, All shapes and sizes. At a couple of GPAA gatherings at Loud Mine in Cleveland, we came across some ruby and amethyst but it was pretty deep in the decomposed bedrock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom