What's new

Kept my promise before 2006 ended

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
3,806
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
WESTERN MASS
Here is some of my collection. I found all of these here in Mass. all in a 3 acre area. The bucket is pieces, shards, and questionables. The little stone person (as the story goes) was brought over by the English and given to the Indians in trade, when the fighting started the Indians broke the heads, feet and hands off to break the spirtit of the English. The pottery pieces tell two stories, the bowl they were and the hand made mat they rolled it on for the design. I enjoy the peace of "keeping my eyes on the ground" ;) you all know what I mean.

Thanks for looking!
Kim

P.s. Cannonman guess what I am getting as a late Christmas gift from the Hubby!?
 

Attachments

  • pieces.webp
    pieces.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 414
  • heads1.webp
    heads1.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 410
  • arrow heads 002.webp
    arrow heads 002.webp
    46 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
Nice collection CG,........... Now,why don't you put all the pieces together? Be a good winter project ;D
 
Thanks for showing! Very Nice!


Keep your eyes on the ground.

xStevenx
 
papa said:
Nice collection CG,........... Now,why don't you put all the pieces together? Be a good winter project ;D

I think I may put some time and effort into trying to match some pieces up. Maybe I can use some of the shards and fix 'em up when my new Knapping video shows up ;D.
 
Johnny X said:
Thanks for showing! Very Nice!


Keep your eyes on the ground.

xStevenx

Thanks for asking me to, forgot a couple of my favorites, I will try to add them later today.
 

Attachments

  • points.webp
    points.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 357
Good Points My friend!

I'd keep on that three acres, there's more stuff there. it's just a matter of some countrygirl getting out there and finding it!

keep your eyes on the ground

xstevenx
 
Now that hunting season is over.........Tomarrow looks like the day, I get out of work at noon, had some real heavy rains yesterday, should be good for looking! Can't wait swing the detector and keep my eyes on the ground ;). Thanks agian for looking!
 
Just don't walk into those low tree limbs ;D
 
Just wait till you get a tree frog down the back of your shirt ;D

RIBBOT - RIBBOT ::)
 
I can't wait to see what you make when you start knap'n! Yipee.. alone no longer. And oh yes, nice artifacts there also!
 
Cannonman17 said:
I can't wait to see what you make when you start knap'n! Yipee.. alone no longer. And oh yes, nice artifacts there also!

I can't wait to start! May be here today, I hope so, at least by the weekend, I have it off! You are a pusher you know? ;)
 
Sweet stuff there Countrygirl.......When I get my things moved I will have to take some pics of the ones I have. I LOVE finding arrowheads and have since I was a kid...
:o

~Nash~
 
Nash, get those pictures posted can't wait to see those Washington points!

Gypsy, Thanks. It's a relaxing sport, that I have enjoyed since I was a kid. (well still a kid just a little bigger)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom