What's new

L.G. Reeves Independence, OR.

Jagdpanther

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
315
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Edge
Any information on this token???

Who or what was L.G. Reeves in Independence, OR?

Thanks

Mike
 

Attachments

  • token1.webp
    token1.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 393
  • token2.webp
    token2.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 385
  • token1.webp
    token1.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 377
  • token2.webp
    token2.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 371
Mike

I live in Independence, Oregon--that is the first token I have seen. How did you aquire it, if I may ask :)

Presently there is no L.G. Reeves here.

Stryker-one
 
It was part of a lot that a friend picked up on ebay. He wanted the coins but had no interest in the tokens.

Still doing some research.

Thanks

Mike
 
Stoneseeker brings out a point worth noting:
One Independence, Ore. exists today, but 'yesterday' another Independence, Ore. existed (Granite today); and the token may have come from the 'old' Independence. Perhaps not likely, but the possibility exists, and we finders should keep that possibility in mind whenever we find a location name on an artifact. Stoneseeker's referred site notes the 'old' Independence site as Granite today,nearly a ghost town (Pop. in 2003: 21). Sounds like Granite would be an interesting place to MD for Independence artifacts.
Don.....
 
Thanks Mac! This is a good example of then and now.

Lol, I remember when Rockaway Beach was Just Rockaway!
I went to school at Manhatten Beach? Bet nobody even knows where that's at,lol.
 
Theres a Louis G Reeves in the 1910 census. He lived in the South Independence Precinct. He was a grocer.
 
And the South Independence Precinct was way over by Salem. I can't see the eastern Independence (Granite) having a bona fide grocery store back in its boom-town heyday, but maybe I'm wrong.

And Wiki says the town changed its name in 1878 to Granite, FYI.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom