Attica said:
First off sorry about the foggy picture. When I took it my camera was cool and it was about 90 degrees outside. I found these marbles while looking for indian relics. Periodically old house sites are right on top of indian camps. I really don't know too much about marbles but I do know the one on the far left is a sulfide. Does anyone know an approximate value on the sulfide. It has a few small chips but is in good condition overall. I'm not interested in selling it but would like to know if it's a $50 marble or a $500 marble. Every year I find a few marbles. I'd say about 50/50 are glass and china. One of these days i'll get a good detector and start hitting these house sites. I'm sure a bunch of them have never been dug.
Adam
Very nice collection of marbles. The sulfide is worth $400-500 but only after youhave it polished. I can dig up the name of the guy that polished mine. He did a great job. Even the other marbles you have are valuable. You should consider having them all polished. May cost a few bucks but well woth the investment. If you ever want to sell them I know someone who would be interested.
Photo below is of unpolished marbles. The sulfide looks clear as crystal once polished!!
Sincerely,
Capt. Dan
www.aquaexplorers.com
www.thewaterfrontexpo.com