treasure_lady
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 17, 2005
- Messages
- 465
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Texas Gulf Coast
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250
I just got a new MD this Christmas..and have only gone out for 15 minutes due to our heavy snow.. so I thought I would show what I found with a $5.00 yard sale MD back in Texas about 7 years ago. I gave this old MD to my grandkids when I moved. Jewelry found in alleys between houses in a subdivision in an old part of town. The first photo (a pin), has a stone that looks like specks of blood.. blood stone?? The second piece isn't marked.. looks like a piece from the 20's..don't know what the stones are..maybe rhinestones..open behind the stones. The bunch of grapes is marked sterling on the back...and has 5 ruby type stones and 8 rhinestones? and the 3 stones in the middle that are clear and kind of milky (open behind theses stones). The turtle has sterling on the back with other marks I can't read. It's a pin and has a loop to be worn as a necklace. It's a locket and opens to hold photos. The stones are turtoise and a dark blue stone. The turtle is all silver except for the stones on it's back.
Marcia the treasure_lady
Marcia the treasure_lady
Attachments
Upvote
0
I found junk pieces of jewelry also and would make new pieces of jewelry out of them.. replacing the stones, etc. These were the ones in good shape! Although the grape piece didn't have a pin or anything in the back and I couldn't see where it ever did.
I won't mind though.. if this snow will melt so I can get it. I'm excited to start hunting again!






