Nigel Tufnel
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
First things first, I am quite a neophyte to the world of fossils.
I found this large shell while kayaking the San Marcos River. I regularly hunt Indian artifacts and I think this one appears to have some type of flint in the outer-most layer.
It is VERY brittle. It also has what appears to be "fossilized" sand in the deepest recess.
If anyone could shed some light on this one for me I would be in your eternal debt! I always find shells while kayaking but never one this large and colorful.
Thank you for any help in advance.
I found this large shell while kayaking the San Marcos River. I regularly hunt Indian artifacts and I think this one appears to have some type of flint in the outer-most layer.
It is VERY brittle. It also has what appears to be "fossilized" sand in the deepest recess.
If anyone could shed some light on this one for me I would be in your eternal debt! I always find shells while kayaking but never one this large and colorful.
Thank you for any help in advance.
Attachments
-
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 018.webp82.4 KB · Views: 311 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 020.webp64.9 KB · Views: 325 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 021.webp96.7 KB · Views: 314 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 023.webp74.2 KB · Views: 317 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 026.webp56.9 KB · Views: 307 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 027.webp48.7 KB · Views: 326 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 028.webp54.5 KB · Views: 311 -
FORTY SEVEN SONGS 029.webp68.9 KB · Views: 297







