What's new

PARTIAL SPUR FROM TEXAS CABIN HUNT PLEASE HELP ID!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Here are a couple of photos of a partial spur that I had found last weekend at the Texas cabin site on my friends ranch...This is the same site where I had found the barrel of the 1851 Colt Navy revolver...Any help as to age and use (military, or not) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
 

Attachments

  • horse shoe and stirup.webp
    horse shoe and stirup.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 699
  • Stirrup close.webp
    Stirrup close.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 692
  • horse shoe and stirup.webp
    horse shoe and stirup.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 690
  • Stirrup close.webp
    Stirrup close.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 685
It does not appear to be a US military spur. The long upwardly curved flange is reminiscent of a Mexican style spur with a large roundel. Retread
 
Any idea as to the age?
Baggins
 
I am the last persin in the universe to place a date onthis item, but if I was just shooting my mouth off in a bar after 4 pitchers I would say it could be from the 183o;s or so. Again, I am not prepared to stand by this statement. RETREAD
 
HA! Well put Retread!

I was kinda wondering why it was so damaged...

After looking at it again, it looks like he broke the spur so he (or somebody) bent the back to save the roundal.

neil
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom