What's new

Past over sites to hunt Civil war relics anywhere

red

Full Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
216
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Ok I posted this in Best finds."Old site really pays off"with pics.
Got some great pic's of what I found on a Texas homesite.
Many people like me dint always get the chance to go out and hunt Civil war battle sites . we just dint live around any or in the right states .
But check out the Civil war soldiers pensons for your county or a veterans list and then try to find where they lived.
Its wasn't? uncommon for them to have brought things home and not just there stuff.
I have also hunted places where they were recruited in the area.
You can get all this info from your county records and genealogy society.

? ?Happy hunting.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Red
 
Upvote 0
How true! How true! I live in Kansas, a hundred miles from the closest Civil War engagement. A few feet from my front porch I dug up a CW eagle button, and in the neighbor's pasture an Indian Wars button. I gave him the button for his birthday. And a few miles from where my house is I dug up a U.S. belt buckle and an eagle button. The buckle was in poor condition, shell only, no lead backing. But I'll take it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom