What's new

Sweet bird of my dirt

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
6,586
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Got this bird yesterday. Nothing amazing, but it's one of those things I've never got before and I love it man!

When I was a kid these were available to the nerds in plastic only, these old metal ones were long gone. It's missing the bead insidie that makes it whistle and of course the stem. Got a few other things along the route but this one made my day.

Looks pretty big next to that dirty old man on that coin.
 

Attachments

  • Bird Whistle 002.webp
    Bird Whistle 002.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Bird Whistle 001.webp
    Bird Whistle 001.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Bird Whistle.webp
    Bird Whistle.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 209
Yowza!! That's your first Frankie, isn't it?? Congrats!!! I LOVE diggin' halves.....found 5 of 'em just in the last 2 years (2 silver and 3 clad).
 
Nice job Tim pull'in a bird, thats flip-in awesome.
Grats on getting big Ben.
 
Thanks guys, but I don't know where that Frankie came from. Just reached into a coin pile here and picked up a biggun to throw it up on that bird for size' sake.

I've pulled a lot of Frankie's before but just in seeded hunts, but that one wasn't in the old seeded hunt pile, just in another pile of old stuff I got laying around. One of these days I'll sort out my digs and show ya'all some real goodies, if I recognize 'em...
 
bird bird bird, the bird is the word I said the bird bird bird is the word
 
Awesome find and never knew they made metal ones..I remember having the plastic one's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom