What's new

Tomahawk ?

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Tomahawk ?

Found this above a creek ..Please tell me its something good :-\..
 

Attachments

  • Indian12 001.webp
    Indian12 001.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 710
  • Indian12 007.webp
    Indian12 007.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 699
Upvote 0
Re: Tomahawk ?

looks like a grinding stone, I know people that just collect them....goat
 
Re: Tomahawk ?

Appears to be just a rock. Keep at it.

Chuck
 
Re: Tomahawk ?

From the pics it looks like a natural rock. Thanks for th look/post!
 
Re: Tomahawk ?

All rock 'tools' started out as ROCKS and many useful 'tools' were left in place for the next useful purpose.....lots of debate in this arena, I know, but utility of a rock during ancient times may yet be fully understood. Watch the PBS/Monchu Picchu special about how the HUGE mountaintop boulders were chipped into a snug fit little by little.
So, keep looking w/an open mind....I still do...
 
Re: Tomahawk ?

Fla-Gal said:
All rock 'tools' started out as ROCKS and many useful 'tools' were left in place for the next useful purpose.....lots of debate in this arena, I know, but utility of a rock during ancient times may yet be fully understood. Watch the PBS/Monchu Picchu special about how the HUGE mountaintop boulders were chipped into a snug fit little by little.
So, keep looking w/an open mind....I still do...
I was finding points in this area ..so ill just hold on to it for awile ..thanks..
 
Re: Tomahawk ?

I don't see any evidence in your pictures that it was altered by man, which is what it takes to be classified as an artifact. So I say it's just a natural rock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom