2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly wont be topped (quantity-wise)

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly won't be topped (quantity-wise)

So it's finally over. I don't know how I could ever do any better than this year. Ha, and I think I might've said that about last year. Being in college all year gave me a little more freedom to hunt as opposed to part of last year being in high school. Plus a cool summer and warm winter helped.
Here we go...

Clad
Quarters: 309 = $77.25
Nickels: 248 = $12.40
Dimes: 656 = $65.60
Pennies: 1221 = $12.21
Halves: 1 = $0.50
Total: 2433 = $167.41

Wheats
Iceberg: 178
Elsewhere: 219
Total: 397

Silver Quarters - 12
Barber: 4
Washington: 8

Silver Dimes – 59
Barber: 5
Mercs: 28
Roosevelts: 26

Silver Halves – 5
WLH: 4
Franklin: 1

War Nickels: 5
Buffalos: 5

Indian Heads - 12

TOTAL SILVER COINS: 81

Silver Rings: 6
Gold Rings: 3 (one of them is plated sterling)

cladA.jpg

cladB.jpg

cladC.jpg

cladD.jpg

cladE.jpg

cladF.jpg

old
endA.jpg

endB.jpg

endC.jpg

endD.jpg

endE.jpg

endF.jpg

endG.jpg

endH.jpg

endI.jpg

endJ.jpg

endK.jpg

endL.jpg

endM.jpg

endN.jpg

endO.jpg

endQ.jpg

endR.jpg

endS.jpg

endT.jpg

endU.jpg

THE AWESOME PENNY ENCASED IN ASPHALT FROM THE BERG!!
endV.jpg

misc
endW.jpg

I like to put the keeper coins in these dansco albums.
endX.jpg

endY.jpg

endZ.jpg

So the big question is...what did I do with all my finds once I cleaned them and put them in binders?? Well, I decided to not take any chances, and since I'm on break, I had time to dig this hole and figured I'd bury everything about 5 feet deep. Nobody'll find it now.
holeA.jpg

I actually DID dig this hole years ago. I loved digging as a kid. From the sandbox, to the backyard, to metal detecting now. Looking back at this, I was pretty crazy. And I still am I guess.

Hope you all have a great new year! :icon_sunny:

S

seger98

Re: 2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly won't be topped (quantity-wise)

Well let me be the first to congratulate you on an outstanding season, good luck to you in the upcoming season!

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly won't be topped (quantity-wise)

Congrats on a very fine year of detecting. Enjoyed looking at your pics. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nate,
You are an amazing young man. Your Dad & Mom should be darn proud of you. Heck, I'm proud of you and we've never met. ;D If I had a year like you did I could hang up my detector. You & Mirage sure make a great team, and know how to find the old coins. :icon_thumleft: By the looks of that pile of coins I think you can pay for the rest of your college. :wink:
Good luck in 2010.
-MM-
P.S. One question....Were you counting your money in the bathroom to keep your sister away from it? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:

Attachments

• cladC.jpg
    cladC.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 677

bw1

Greenie
Sep 20, 2008

I had a hole like that, I think it was because i watched to much Hogan's Heroes.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

man you had a superb year of detecting, way to go, hope your 2010 is BETTER!!!!

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Nate,
You are an amazing young man. Your Dad & Mom should be darn proud of you. Heck, I'm proud of you and we've never met. ;D If I had a year like you did I could hang up my detector. You & Mirage sure make a great team, and know how to find the old coins. :icon_thumleft: By the looks of that pile of coins I think you can pay for the rest of your college. :wink:
Good luck in 2010.
-MM-
P.S. One question....Were you counting your money in the bathroom to keep your sister away from it? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:

Many thanks MM. Hopefully we meet and all do a hunt before too long!
That change will pay for about 1 book. lol ::)
The TP roll was the closest thing handy when I was going through the coins with a cold/allergies, as the bathroom is right across from that table. :sign13:

I appreciate the responses yall!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent year Nate..but I gotta tell ya, I think my most favorite is that lil snake ring, dont know why, as I am scared to death of snakes, but that is one super nice lil ring.

Bobbert

Greenie
Sep 1, 2004
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Nate that is one great job you did in 2009. Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer

Very awsome year. Good luck in college.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly won't be topped (quantity-w

Piles! :thumbsup: I like piles.

You're not thinking of one key point when you doubt you'll be able to top it. That is, it only takes one great find to put someone from an average year to a very good year. If someone were to tell me how few early military buttons I was going to dig in 2009 I would have been quite sure it would have been a disaster. But, what I would have had no way to know was I'd dig a very rare token and many other interesting finds. My best detecting year was 2001, but just the one one find made 2009 one of my better ones since.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2009 for Nate in Ohio...best year yet and prolly won't be topped (quantity-w

Thanks Bootybay, Bobbert, and Knightwalker! :icon_sunny:

Iron Patch said:
Piles! :thumbsup: I like piles.

You're not thinking of one key point when you doubt you'll be able to top it. That is, it only takes one great find to put someone from an average year to a very good year. If someone were to tell me how few early military buttons I was going to dig in 2009 I would have been quite sure it would have been a disaster. But, what I would have had no way to know was I'd dig a very rare token and many other interesting finds. My best detecting year was 2001, but just the one one find made 2009 one of my better ones since.

That's why I threw in "quantity-wise" in the title, cause the the best part of the year, as far as finds go, was the quantity. So yea I kinda agree. But even if I did find say a gold coin one year, but didn't hunt very much and lacked in other finds, it still would be hard for me to label that year as my best, because I can't discredit all the hard work and sacrificed time that I spent a previous year with lots of energy and passion and excitement going all over the place and hunting hard, finding nothing unbelievable and whatever I could turn up. I guess the annual analysis is personal to a degree. :dontknow: :)
And I remember that button, that's awesome man, I'm glad you got to make such a sweet find! I hope you have another enjoyable season coming up as well.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What a great year for you Nate....Glad to see that you still have the passion buddy.Excellent,Excellent,Excellent.......By the way is that a 3-Ringer I see ;D Great Dig's :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
What a great year for you Nate....Glad to see that you still have the passion buddy.Excellent,Excellent,Excellent.......By the way is that a 3-Ringer I see ;D Great Dig's :icon_thumright:
Heh, I'm not sure. Thanks civilman!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions