diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently won a 14k pendant on ebay. The seller is brand new and has no feedback. The paypal payment is shown as unclaimed. I checked his email address and it looks like he may have made a typo, because his email has "www." on the front of it. Now, if he changes it to the correct address, and I cancel the one and make another payment, will this void me from buyer protection because I did not make the payment to the address in his listing? Also, how would I go about getting this piece for the price I paid for it, or am I out of luck? I got it for $30 below or 80% of scrap value and don't want to go through bidding on it again.

The seller doesn't appear to be too sharp as he uses 2 word titles, one line descriptions, misspellings and bad photos, not to mention the wrong pp address.

ps- The payment shows as pending on ebay, but paypal shows it as completed but unclaimed. Don't know if that means anything though.

Last edited:

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
mine went to a old payment that was closed an no way I could get I called e-bay then paypal and in about 5 min it was fixed.send him a email and tell him what you think is wrong and he can call paypal. wont take long to fix.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I sent him a message. I hope he figures out what to do. I'm not worried about my money, I know I can get that back no problem. I just want the pendant for the price I won it at, and I want to be sure i'm covered under buyer protection at the same time.
Technically, if he edits (corrects) his paypal address, it is now different than the one that was in the listing, therefore I would no longer be covered by buyer protection because I sent it to his edited (although now correct) paypal address. Does that make sense?

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently won a 14k pendant on ebay. The seller is brand new and has no feedback. The paypal payment is shown as unclaimed. I checked his email address and it looks like he may have made a typo, because his email has "www." on the front of it. Now, if he changes it to the correct address, and I cancel the one and make another payment, will this void me from buyer protection because I did not make the payment to the address in his listing? Also, how would I go about getting this piece for the price I paid for it, or am I out of luck? I got it for $30 below or 80% of scrap value and don't want to go through bidding on it again.

The seller doesn't appear to be too sharp as he uses 2 word titles, one line descriptions, misspellings and bad photos, not to mention the wrong pp address.

ps- The payment shows as pending on ebay, but paypal shows it as completed but unclaimed. Don't know if that means anything though.

Hm.. I'd have to investigate it for myself. Please provide the seller's eBay account for verification.

Jokes. :laughing7::skullflag:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't see any issues with this. It doesn't matter what email address he uses because only the final payment counts, and it's really only your address that is relevant when it comes to the coverage. An incorrect email in the listing does nothing other than delaying the process until things can be made right. Some people, not many, will do this on purpose to create a problem and then cancel and give you an email to pay direct to... saving them the fees and taking away your coverage. As long as you stay within the system you'll be ok.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The payment still shows as unclaimed. He marked the item as shipped but no tracking information. I guess I'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The payment still shows as unclaimed. He marked the item as shipped but no tracking information. I guess I'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated.

Won't matter because it's a transaction that doesn't exist. All that counts is the one that went through. What I do wonder is if that is a valid email and he adds it to his PP, could he then accept the unclaimed payment too... and I think maybe he could.

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly, but you could add it to your account first.

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I sold my first item I had to go in and claim it because my bank account wasn't linked and I had two different email addresses. The notices about it was going to an email that I never checked. I had to call eBay and have them help me fix things.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Message from seller last night-

Yes sorry some how setting up I used my icould and didn't think it worked so I set it up with my gmail but both would be mdu^&*(@ sorry about the problems it says that money is just pending package will be there shortly i thank you again for your for shopping my eBay

At least I can understand, "package will be there shortly". lol

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Message from seller last night-

Yes sorry some how setting up I used my icould and didn't think it worked so I set it up with my gmail but both would be mdu^&*(@ sorry about the problems it says that money is just pending package will be there shortly i thank you again for your for shopping my eBay

At least I can understand, "package will be there shortly". lol

Ahhh the classic message that is basically impossible to understand. My favorite.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update concerning an ignorant new seller- I never received my item, although he said he mailed it. I tried to open an INR case because he wouldn't answer me twice about a tracking number. Because the payment was never claimed by him, it still showed as "payment pending" on my ebay page and it wouldn't let me open a case against him because it said "payment was never made, if payment has been made please ask seller to mark it as paid" or something to that affect. Duh, payment was made, hello. I ended up canceling this transaction through paypal. I took a chance on a new and half illiterate ebay seller and it didn't pay off. Sucks too because I really wanted that pendant. Here is the original listing- 14k Gold | eBay

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now the item is listed as unpaid on myebay. I wonder what i'm supposed to do about that? I'm not making another payment to the wrong paypal address.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now the item is listed as unpaid on myebay. I wonder what i'm supposed to do about that? I'm not making another payment to the wrong paypal address.
You write the seller to cancel it saying if you get an unpaid strike he gets a negative. You don't have to be that direct but I usually am.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You write the seller to cancel it saying if you get an unpaid strike he gets a negative. You don't have to be that direct but I usually am.
Except he isn't communicating as of late. But I will write the message no doubt.

Call Ebay. Tell them what you told us. Simple really.
Yeah, after I jump through hoops with an outsourced CSR named "Linda or Bob" with a thick New Delhi accent and demand to speak to an American that can understand what the hell I'm talking about. Like I had to last week when I appealed a case (and won) and had them reverse their decision, in order to get my money back on an INAD case.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He doesn't have to say anything to agree to cancel it. There's really no worries on your end because even if it resulted in a strike ebay would wipe it out... and that quite likely might be an easy process than writing them now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions