Do you get these questions?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to send the photo to you to make sure it’s same as what I want, Would you give me your skype or E maiI .then we can talk about details. I wanna buy it today.Howlong will the shipping take to California? you can change the E maiI formats like this xxxx AT xxx DOT xxx ,then send me. Or you can a better photo like inside of jersey the washing labels etc to my E maiI at (maike9384 AT outlook DOT com ). Hope hear from you soon

I mean if he has any questions he can just ask me through my eBay email. For some reason I feel like it's a scam?

This is the second time I've gotten one from California same exact question....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just won't go outside of eBay. Just spells disaster to me...

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the same exact email about a SF giants jersey I have listed. I sent an response viamy junk email account and never heard anything...must be a new type if scam!

Only reason I did it is because I thought we could set up a local pickup as I'm in the bay area

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not contact anyone outside of eBay channels. Just in case an issue occurs.

Cheers - Galen

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only respond to questions you receive via eBay's contact/message system! Note: you can attach photos via the eBay messaging system.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think it is a pfishing scam to get your email address.

Works like this:

The scammer, who now has your email addy, sends you a fake email that looks identical to the ebay emails you get. It will prompt you to sign in on that email or link, and ta-da! They now have your password.

They either use your ebay account in a fraudulent manner, or try to buy stuff, using your PP account.

IF IT ISN'T SENT THROUGH THE EBAY MESSAGING SYSTEM, DO NOT REPLY TO IT!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread