Is there an easy way to put your sales on "HOLD"

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say you want to take off and go fishing for about 3 or 4 days and you have about 30 items out there for sale and some have the BIN option or you may even get questions about an item. I ended up going into each one and unchecking the automatic relisting feature. That took a while. Is there some easy way to do it? I'm sure that many ebayers have emergencies where they can't tend their accounts; what happens then?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I believe under your account or where it says account there is a vacation mode where you can change it so it says seller is away and you can set it so your listings still show or so that you can't see them. So either you can have your item show but it will say that you're away for whatever time you set up for and they will be a delay in shipping. Or you can just hide them so you can't see them all. And then you would have no listings until you came back.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I knew there had to be an easier way. This ebay stuff is kinda fun. I retired about a year and a half ago and was getting bored. Now I have a job! :)

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you need to have an eBay store in order to suspend your listings. Go to your eBay store summary and at the bottom left of the page there is a link that says "Store Vacation Settings"

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks, I knew there had to be an easier way. This ebay stuff is kinda fun. I retired about a year and a half ago and was getting bored. Now I have a job! :)
Its addicting. I am super busy without eBay, but it's to much fun to stop! Lol

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a ebay store. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I went in and unchecked my "relisting" option so now all of my sales will end in about 5 days without relisting. Then I'm hoping I can go back in and "reactivate" those items and start selling again. I sure hope I won't have to relist everything. :(

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
They will be under the unsold category. All you'll have to do is open each listing and hit relist.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I don't think the learning ever stops, as eBay is always changing things.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the changes are not for the better. EBay was far better 10 years ago than now...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Unfortunately the changes are not for the better. EBay was far better 10 years ago than now...
I have to agree. You used to be able as a buyer to see view counts, and the username of who else was bidding...

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is not a good way to put stuff on hold. You can use the Vacation Settings but this is not 100 percent. An example is if you have some one watching an item they may still be able to buy that item even when in vacation mode. There are issues with foreign users tagging one of your items on their watch list and it not showing on the buyers side. I usually just de-list my stuff internationally three weeks from my vacation and two weeks before on all other sales. (This is to make sure there are no shipping issues)

Just remember all aBay policies and timers are still ticking and count against their Top Seller Rating.

Cheers - Galen

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
With all the grumbling about how eBay is screwing sellers, this little change shows that eBay's changes aren't all one-sided. This change is, in my opinion, a benefit to sellers.
It could be a benefit as well as do harm. Many views can create a sense of urgency to buy. Very little views has the opposite effect...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can change your handling time to several days. If I can't end stuff, I do that, but then again, you have to go through all of your listings. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread